Friday, October 8, 2010

And I never realized this, but think about it. I know of at least 3 or 3 Immune comprimised dogs now, all female and then I came across this article -

Hemolytic Anemia

This is a type of anemia. Hemolytic anemia in dogs is mainly an autoimmune disease. Hemolytic anemia in dogs prognosis depends a lot on the underlying reason of the anemia. This disorder mainly affects female dogs more than the male ones. Also, a few dog breeds like poodles, terriers, spaniels, etc. are more prone to this disorder. Reasons which will trigger hemolytic anemia in dogs are contamination due to zinc, bee venom, bee infection, etc.


Here if the link to the articla

www.buzzle.com/articles/anemia-in-dogs.html

I asked my Dr. again yesterday when I picked up Naomi if this was not triggered by a bee sting and she said without a blink of her eye, that she was very positive that the onset of the Lyme diease is the cause of Naomi's AIHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment