Friday, October 8, 2010

Update -
Naomi did cough up some of her food this afternoon after I called. When I went to get her the Dr. looked very worried and kept pacing and said that she was worried that Naomi would keep coughing the prednisone up and what good does it do for her if she does not keep it inside her.
So I said to give her an anti nausea shot and lets try that. I know the Dr. was worried that with the Lyme Disease antibiotic and the Prednisone and another medicine that we might be doing harm to her weakened state, bosh and bother, without the absorption of the prednisone, she will die.
So she gave it to her and I just fed her, and gave the prednisone (dissolved) over an hours time - slowly and it took effect. Just now after about another hour she started to drink pedilite on her own, almost 3/4 custard cup full.
So now I will wait for another hour and if the food and medicine stays down I can give her another Gerber baby meat food and her Lyme disease medicine and then we are home free for the night except for the every two hour pedilite sessions she has to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment