Friday, October 8, 2010

up date

The triggers for this disease are almost anything. I asked the Dr. lots of questions and she said that she had a dog come in that ate varnish and that triggered this disease, another ate onions and this came on, and yet another ate chocolate. I am thinking that the disease is silently waiting for a catastrophic event and then wakes up and makes itself known.
Naomi passed the night quietly, but she did cough up some of the little supper I forced her to eat last night, luckily it was late at night so the medicine that went down with her supper had time to work some of itself. I have been syringing pedilite water into her mouth. 2 full custard bowls full last night and just finished a bowl just now. She is thirsty, but much too weak to stand up and get it herself.
She has let go her water 3 times, twice last night and once this morning so far. She stands long enough to go and then I have to carry her back inside and make her comfortable on the sofa.
But she is responding to my voice and her tail wags gently as I smooze her carefully. Her gums are still white/yellow this morning and we have to go back to the Dr. for infusion water and see what the blood results say.

No comments:

Post a Comment